Full course description
This course teaches professionals the fundamentals of writing usable instructions, using practical examples and exercises. In the workplace, Instructions are often thought of as documentation that helps you complete simple and complex tasks, such as copying style definitions in Microsoft Word or creating animations in PowerPoint. This course will provide the tools to help address the different aspects of writing instructions, including researching audience, using plain style, drafting and organization of the elements of instructions, writing, designing, and testing instructions.
· Identify the components of instructions and procedures
· Plan and research for your purpose, audience, and context of use
· Organize and draft usable instructions and procedures
· Develop instructions and procedures with purposeful design
· Test your Instructions and procedures to evaluate for effectiveness
Format: This non-credit course is offered online using the Canvas LMS, over a 6-week period. It is asynchronous, but not self-paced. This course takes approximately 15 hours to complete. You should plan to spend about 2-3 hours per week. Participants will be assessed throughout the course to demonstrate their proficiency on the subject matter. They must pass all assessments before receiving the course badge.
Refunds can be issued within 48 hours of registration; no refunds will be given after the course has begun.