Full course description
This course opens for pre-enrollment on March 30, 2024, and it will officially launch on May 29, 2024. You will receive access to course materials on that date and your count of days remaining to complete the content will be reset.
Course Description: This course is intended to build the following capacities within rising data science professionals:
- Gain the technical skills to manipulate data in various formats (text, csv, database etc.) and tidy data using scientific methods.
- Master the data display standards and step by step process to produce effective visualization of data.
It is designed with analytics-oriented professionals or graduate students working on their dissertations in mind.
- Apply data science techniques to make informed decisions based on data analysis.
- Employ data from diverse sources and formats to address complex real-world challenges.
- Effectively utilize data visualization methods, including graphs and charts, for conveying insights.
- Communicate data findings concisely and effectively through clear and comprehensible reports.
Format: This non-credit course is offered online using the Canvas LMS, over a 4-week period. It is asynchronous, but not self-paced. You will have a total of 42 days to complete the course. The 42 days to complete begins on the day of enrollment and under no circumstances will extensions be given. The course is approximately 15 hours. You should plan to spend about 3-4 hours per week on the course. You will be assessed throughout the course to demonstrate proficiency on the subject matter. You must pass all assessments before receiving the course badge.
Refunds: Please note the course price does not include any credit card processing fees required by our vendor. Refunds can be issued within 48 hours of registration; no refunds will be given after the course has begun.